- project leader
1016 East 6 ½ Street(The Heights)
- latest update rss
- No updates yet.
- Hire a lead science journalist to run the fact checker section, moderate as needed, publish interviews and original pieces, tweet and post regularly in social media, create podcasts and possibly host a radio show, and provide ongoing reports that break down the Forum’s complex content so that it is accessible to the general public.
- Hire an executive director and communications director to manage the site, assist and integrate the columnists, run a robust marketing/SEO/AdWords campaign, and build CCNF’s national profile. It will be incumbent on these two staff members to quickly grow a national audience and ensure that the scientists’ and journalist’s content is accessible to — and reaches — all facets of the American public.
- Have the ability to compensate those science columnists that are taking a leadership role in the initiative and contributing posts regularly. Compensating a core group will ensure a regular stream of contributions from climate scientists at the forefront of the published literature on climate change.
- Raise $65,000 to hire the staff.
- Hire the journalist.
- Hire the executive director.
- Hire the communications director.
- Continue scaling up the forum, continue gaining the participation of climate scientists at the forefront of the published literature, and improving the website.
- Achieve a critical mass. Exhaust the preliminary analysis of the science.
- Begin a national policy debate, unprecedented in size and scope, on what can or should be done about climate change as a nation.
why we're doing it
Because Americans are divided on whether climate change is a major problem, and even more so on what can or should be done about climate change as a nation.
EXPECTED BUDGET APPROVED BY BOARD
(in order of pay out)
|Fundraising and Recruitment Products and Printing costs||600|
|Journalist Annual Salary||25,000.00|
|Reimbursement of previous expenses incurred by Executive Director (hosting costs, video, programming, IRS fee)||1,494.96|
|Executive Director/Site Administrator Annual Salary||25,000.00|
|ioby Platform Fee||$35|
|ioby Fiscal Sponsorship Fee (5%)||$2,939.75|
|3rd Party Credit Card Processing Fee (3%)||$1,763.85|
|TOTAL TO RAISE =||$63,533.56|
|ioby Platform Fee||$35.00|
|ioby Fiscal Sponsorship Fee (5%)||no longer applicable (team received 501c3 status)|
|3rd Party Credit Card Processing Fee (3%)||$81.96|
|TOTAL TO DISBURSE =||$2,732.04|
Revised Budget, 10/23/2014
AGU Fall Meeting Booth Fee: $410.20
Flight to AGU Fall Meeting: $780
Contract Programmer: $400
Custom Marketing Materials Fees: $200
IRS 501(c)(3) Application Fee Reimbursement: $850
Summer Part-Time Worker Reimbursement: $800
Printing Costs; Gas for Regional Events: $250
Sorry, but this project doesn't have any updates yet.
photosThis is where photos will go once we build flickr integration
Red and Jenny Sanders
Sorry, no nearby projects found.