- project leader
- Jarad B
82 North Second(and extending throughout our fair city)
- latest update rss
- No updates yet.
WORK LOCAL is an innovative program designed to improve our community through job access and blight reduction. WORK LOCAL will transport job-seeking panhandlers to cleanup sites twice a week, where they will work to reduce urban blight. Workers are provided with food, a day’s wages, and additional services and counseling as needed.
Projected Impact in First Year:
• 1,040 daily jobs provided
• 104 blight abatement projects completed
• 80 clients moved into permanent jobs
• Pick up panhandlers
• Clean up work sites
• Offer support
• Engage local agencies, businesses and individuals to expand impact
why we're doing it
WORK LOCAL focuses on three goals:
• Provide a safer way to earn money than panhandling
• Connect people who panhandle with available services and resources to move them toward better futures
• Contribute to the beautification of Memphis by cleaning up blighted areas of our city
Project elevate payroll.
10 participants/ day @ $45/day = 450; 104 days a year (pilot) = $46,800
|ioby Platform Fee||waived|
|Donation Processing Fee of 3%||waived|
|TOTAL TO RAISE =||$46,800|
Sorry, but this project doesn't have any updates yet.
photosThis is where photos will go once we build flickr integration
Community Foundation of Greater Memphis
Bob and Laura Moore
Drs Landon and Donna Pendergrass in honor of Christine Todd
Jim & Robin C.
Corey and Michelle Epps
Doug Carpenter & Associates