Our communities are at a critical crossroads; in the face of myriad challenges, how do we strengthen our democracy and restore trust? How do we make lasting change across differences and continue to build our neighborhoods? Join us on Dec. 18th at 1 pm for a lunchtime webinar to see how neighborhood leaders (like you!) are looking both inside and outside the election cycle to build year-round relationships and make meaningful, lasting change in the communities they call home. Learn how they rallied their communities to take down confederate monuments, build food security, and inspire movements. Continue reading Beyond Voting: A national webinar
New to ioby? New to crowdfunding? Trying to decide whether our platform is right for your idea?
Our introductory webinars give a basic introduction to crowdfunding with ioby, including our top tips for successful campaign planning, proven grassroots fundraising techniques, case studies of successfully funded projects, and Q&A.
Growing Resources: Crowdfunding for your Green School Project
Wednesday, December 9th
4:30 – 5:30 PM, EST
Gathering Resources for Food Justice: An Introduction to Crowdfunding
Monday, December 14th
6:00 – 7:00 PM, EST
Want to learn more but can’t make these times? Drop us a line at email@example.com.
How is ioby different from other crowdfunding sites? Glad you asked! There are some important differences.
1. ioby is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, so all donations to projects on ioby are tax-deductible. Anyone can use ioby, so if you’re not a 501(c)3 yourself, ioby can offer you a limited form of fiscal sponsorship.
2. As a nonprofit, we have a mission to make sure your project is successful. This means we go the extra mile to make sure our platform is designed to serve you.
• NEW DONOR ACQUISITION. We give donors an easy way to join your mailing list after they’ve supported your project and send you the contact information of those who have given to you. Using ioby to power your campaign means a long-term investment in building your own base of donors.
• HIGH SUCCESS RATE. We have a very high rate of fully funded projects. That’s true because we’re here to help throughout the process.
• FLEXIBLE FINISH. We have a unique flexible finish policy that makes it easy for you to keep the funds you raised. “All or nothing” policies might work for contests, but not for real people doing important work on the ground.
• LOW FEES. We have a fee structure that intentionally supports early stage ideas and small projects. No matter how you figure it, we’re cheaper than our competition.
• TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE. We host webinars specifically designed to support civic leaders. We take the best lessons we’ve gathered from successful campaigns to date and share them.
• FRIENDLY STAFF. We care about your work and want to help leverage the ioby community of leaders to support you. We’re always here. And we listen to what you have to say.
3. ioby is more than a funding platform. We call ioby crowd-resourcing because we want you to get all the resources you need for a successful project. We connect you to other civic leaders, host meetings and discussions to support thought leadership in local solutions and civic engagement, like our Getting Good Done series, and bring you into a community of peer learning through our Recipes for Change toolkit. Check out our Resources.
4. You know what’s best for your neighborhood. All projects that are good for the community and make no profit are eligible to use ioby. We never judge how cool or innovative or creative your project seems to us. You know what’s best for your neighborhood, and we’re here to support you.