- ioby is a crowd-resourcing platform for citizen-led, neighbor-funded projects.
- Our mission is to strengthen communities by supporting the neighborhood leaders and residents who are making positive change happen where they live.
- We achieve our mission primarily through our web-based crowd-resourcing platform. Crowd-resourcing is a term we created in 2011; read more about it on our about page.
- We are a national nonprofit organization with offices in Brooklyn, New York (our headquarters) and Memphis, TN, though we work in many other cities.
- We were founded by Erin Barnes, Brandon Whitney, and Cassie Flynn. Read more about our staff on our people page.
- We incorporated in July 2008, launched ioby in beta in April 2009, and began operations as a New York City pilot in January 2010. Read more history on our our story page.
- Our name is derived from the opposite of NIMBY. ioby is always written in all lower case letters and is pronounced eye-OH-be (rhymes with “Nairobi.”)
Director of Communications and Creative Strategy
katie [at] ioby [dot] org
- Join our press list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out recent press releases.
- Download photos from our Flickr photostream.
- Watch our videos.
- Follow our blog.
- See our impacts.